Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp probs>control panel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 markus414

markus414

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

Hey,

My pc has a problem! (windows xp pro serv pack 2)

When i click control panel from the start menu it does nothing, it has just completely stopped loading. It is the same for such things on the start menu as network places.

Also, ever since I had yet another message 'registry key recovered by use of alternate log or copy' the quick launch bar does not load any more. Even when i put it on on reboot it dissapears.

Finally, my system restore has screwed up and does not display the dates/points.

Any one any ideas?? I fear that it is a deeper problem as the registry alert seemed to be the beginning of the problems, or could it be a hardware problem,(my comp occasionally completely crashes and has to be reformatted, even with virus, spyware and firewall protection, and it is a powerful comp. Could it be a hardware component??)

help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 markus414

markus414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:44 PM

Can anyone even just tell me how to fix system restore and get my restore points back so i can do a system restore?

When i create a restore point it does not appear, and when I click system restore the calendar appears but with no dates/ months, just blank white within the box.
A couple of days ago I had about 10 restore points for this month.

Any ideas?????

#3 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:05 PM

You may need to scan your system for malware, spyware and adware there are some thiings out there that do strange things to systems. Try using one of these or both.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

You may also want to download Hijackthis and read the tutorial then post your scan here
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users