Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Advanced Power Settings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisMN

ChrisMN

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

Hey all,

I was just noticing that my monitor doesn't go off after 20 minutes like it's set to in my advanced power settings(Right click on desktop, click on properties / screensaver tab and click on "Power..." to access "Power Options Properties".

The other settings in Power Options Properties also do not work, such as...

Hard disk off, standby, and hibernate do not work. The computer just acts like all the settings are set to "never".

What is the issue? I don't know how long this has been going on. As far as I know, these settings worked up until recently.

Thank you community

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

You might try http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, #204, right column, Restore Power Schemes Configuration.

Double-click, this will download a file to your chosen location. Double-click on that file and let us know if this solves your situation.

Louis

#3 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

Working so far. Thanks for the fix.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

Glad it worked for you, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

#5 ChrisMN

ChrisMN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:27 PM

Problem has surfaced again.. It only works when you set it at ONE MINUTE(monitor off)
Any way of finding out what is keeping it from working? Ill try the kellys korner again in the mean time.

Thanks

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

I've nothing to add...you might try either a repair install (system files may be damaged or missing that are crucial) or running the sfc /scannow command.

Note that the Windows CD referred to in each of these scenarios...is a MS XP CD, not recovery/restore disks issued by a system manufacturer. These manufacturers are responsible for defining how a user can use such disks for repair/recovery/restore purposes.

How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users