Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless network intermittent problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jska4evr

jska4evr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:30 PM

My neighbor installed wireless security cameras and it is messing with my wireless network. We have narrowed it down to his cameras. He was kind enough to unplug them for 24 hrs and I had no problems at all. As soon as he plugged them back in my wireless goes intermittent. At times my wireless network is completely lost. I have a Net Gear router (wireless G) and have no problems with it until he plugs his cameras in. I did go buy a Link Sys Router (wireless N) this did not fix the problem so took it back to the store. Can anyone tell me how to block my across the street neighbor wireless network so that mine can work?

Thank You
Sherry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

One thing before we start: You're sure his cameras are connecting to his wireless and not yours? Just checking lol

It sounds like there is a channel issue. If you surf into the router there will be wireless settings.Its normally on the same page you set the SSID and what band it is using. You want to change the channel from Auto(this is where it normally is set) to a specific number. If you talk to your neighbor you might ask if he specified a number so you don't pick the same. You may also have to change this on your PC's wireless card settings.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users