Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two Instances of IEXPLORE.EXE on computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hortoholic

hortoholic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

Hello all, I have an unusual probelm or bug? When I browsw the internet I get two processes of IEXPLORE.EXE in the tak manager and one of them takes like 199,00+ of memory and the othe like 20,000 of my memory. When this happens it really slows down my computer. When I close them and restart Internet Explorer eveything is fine and my computer is fast again. What I want to know is why does this happen?

hortoholic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

If you're using the latest version of IE (IE8) then multiple processes is to be expected. IE8 starts a parent process and then loads each window and tab in a separate child process. This improves the responsiveness and robustness of the browser.

If, however, you are not using the latest version, then please post back. (Also, more detail would be helpful. Like, does it only slow down after visiting a certain site?)

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 06 October 2009 - 12:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users