Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation problem of xp and vista on Acer pc

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Oldgamer

Oldgamer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:37 AM

I have a problem with one acer PC (not laptop) I have to fix.
The issue has been discussed in the forum but I have a little bit different question that I have in mind.

My neighbour had Vista Home premium. He had formatted his HDD cause he preffers XP but no luck with XP installation neither with Vista installation on his computer. He gets BSOD 0x0000007b when installing xp and when installing Vista he gets an error that drivers for CD/DVD are missing and you can't go on only exit the setup. The installation disk is in sata DVD RW. The problem is definately with sata drivers that xp doesn't have unless we have the Acer's drivers disk, but we don't.
The neighbour got so frustrated that he is ready to work with vista again and insists that I will take his HDD (WD 320G - also sata) and install Vista Ultimate (with my disc) on my machine - MSI PM8PM-IL (which never fails in installations) and will bring him back. He assumes that everything will work fine as it was.

If I really make this procedure and put his HDD back to his Acer, will everything work fine? does Vista Ultimate has all the sata drivers or should I search for the Acer's original sata drivers?

Don't actually remember the ACER's mobo model but sure it's a new one.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance:)

Edited by Oldgamer, 06 October 2009 - 04:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users