Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Player 10 "An Internal Application Error Has Occurred"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 twodarts

twodarts

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

I had to do a system recovery on my PC. Got it back up, got the drivers I needed re-installed, updated the Microsoft software from the MS website etc..

I am using Windows XP Home Edition (SP2)
When I try to open Media Player (10) it gives me a message "An internal application error has occurred"
I went to Control Panel, Add/Remove Program, clicked show updates, Add/Remove Windows components and unclicked WMP to uninstall it.
Reinstalled it the same way and no difference.

Also found the advice on restoring the dll and it doesnt work!
Any help would be nice. I don't really want WMP 10 I prefer and want WMP 9 as it seems to work better. So how do I get rid of this endless loop that I have got myself into?

I did not reformat the drive when I did a recovery. (Non-destructive recovery is what I opted for) I am using an HP a1100y and have also found no help from their phone support and their website.

Edited by twodarts, 06 October 2009 - 12:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

If the system came with WMP 10, I don't believe that you can use WMP 9.

See comment at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...es/default.aspx for XP users.

I would actually move up to WMP 11.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users