Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer restarts at random

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 XCLR8

XCLR8

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00000404 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F71CB507 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\XCLR8\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6688.dir00\Mini100509-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\XCLR8\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6688.dir00\sysdata.xml

After the computer restarts it shows the error report that is wanting to send to Microsoft (The one that says Send or Don't Send). The only thing I noticed is that most of the times the computer restarts when I click Refresh Status from my "Belkin Wireless Network Utility" and then it just locks up and restarts...while other times it simply restarts while I'm watching a movie. Above of this message I posted the error code and it also gave me the .dmp & .xml file. Not sure what to do with them, but if anyone can help me out on this, much will be appreciated.

Operating System: XP-SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:34 PM

Run through the steps given here:

How to receive help diagnosing Blue Screens and Windows crashes
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users