Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashing, Not Booting, RAM issue, Slot issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 downhill_biker

downhill_biker

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:05 PM

I am not sure what is going on but my computer seems to be crashing and unstable.

It crashed a few weeks ago and I restarted. It would start but wouldn't display an image. I removed RAM one at a time and it would start some times, and not others, but it wasn't a specific stick or a specific slot that was giving the issues. Seems that it was just random. Now it is starting with all of the cards in all of the slots.

It also crashes if I accidentally bump it with my foot or let.

I am NO computer expert. I bought this system from a friend and dont really know much about them. The only thing I can think of is that the motherboard may be flexing? and that the slots may be bad? Any info would help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 downhill_biker

downhill_biker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

RAM is:

2x2GB DDR2 800mhz 5-5-5-12 Kingston
2x1GB DDR2 800mhz 5-5-5-15 Gskill

#3 bourkie

bourkie

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:48 AM

if its happning when you bump it the first thing i would check is that all the plugs are cliped in, check all the ram sticks are fully cliped in, check the power lead into the back of your pc is pluged is, check anything that could be lose.

if you cand find anything start the computer up and carfully wiggle all the power plugs and such.

also what if you computer specs?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:26 AM

How To Disable Automatic Restarts When Windows Crashes - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74644/how-to-disable-automatic-restarts-when-windows-crashes/

This should be done so that we can get error messages and .dmp files from system.

The contents of any error messages received onscreen...should be posted.

Louis

Motherboard manufacturer and model?

Edited by hamluis, 06 October 2009 - 11:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users