Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Status Error or Trojan Horse ??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SheWolfen

SheWolfen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

HI All !
I am just recovering from a nightmare of spyware, trojan horses, virus and the like that Verizon Internet Security didn't catch (more on that in another forum), anyway now all seems to be well, but every time I start up my OS which is Windows XP, the little box comes up after everything has booted up and shows STATUS in the square box and says the following: "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD Rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert disk 'Status disk and click'. Then beneath that there is another box that says: USE SOURCE: and below that is the number 1.

In order to get rid of this annoyance, I have to do Clt Alt Del to bring up the Task Manager and go under Applications where I see the Task is 'Status' which is shown as 'Running'. I then have to click end task and the box goes away, until the next time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this just some sort of error or is this a result of the viruses and stuff I dealt with ? I haven't installed any software, used any disk or removeable gizmos.....so why am I getting this ??? Everything I used to fix the 'puter was a free download - no disks ! I hate it....it is scary cause I had such a problem with viruses and stuff !

Can you all help me fix this or make it go away ??? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ????

Any and all help would be appreciated and If I posted in the wrong forum, Im sorry - just redirect me !

Peace,
SheWolfen :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

Try the AutoRuns application.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

Look through the list of startups and uncheck any that say "File not found". Then reboot and see if it makes a difference.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users