Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson Workforce 500 not installing on 64bit Vista.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RTCTech1

RTCTech1

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:50 PM

So I got this Workforce and whenever i try to install the drivers for it, it fails. I try grabbing the drivers manually through Device Manager, but it does not recognize the files. When I run the Epson software it gives me an error saying the installation failed and to restart (restarting does not help). I've tried uninstalling and letting plug and play find the device again. Windows updates has nothing. Any Ideas?

Basic Specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
4GB RAM
Core 2 Quad Q9300

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RTCTech1

RTCTech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

So, I talked to Epson. Of course they are saying its Vista. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'm going to tell them to just replace the printer :thumbsup:

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:04 PM

Don't know how they can blame Vista
They have a Vista 64 bit driver
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 RTCTech1

RTCTech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Yea, and after downloading all the 64 bit drivers i get the same error ("an error has occurred during setup. Please restart the computer and run setup again"). There are no other printers/Printer software installed. I have removed any traces of "EPSON" on the computer, still nothing. It's insane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users