Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security tool virus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 biginmb20

biginmb20

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

I need help not sure how but I have been infected...I have a "security tool virus" I think that is what it is. When I restart my computer It has a "security tool" pop-up and I lose my desktop(it goes black). I can get my task manager open after awhile shut down the process for the virus(1424084100.exe) but still don't have a desktop so I have to use my task manager for everything.

I know a little about fighting them but this one has got me stumped. I have malwarebytes downloaded but it appears to have disabled it somehow, I will click on it and it says the mbam.exe can't be found and ask if I want to browse for it. I was reading different post that sounded like mine and tried a few things, such as, Superantispyware, rootrepel, and tried re-download malwarebytes but still have the same problem. Not a hundred percent sure what my next move is so I figured best option was to post and ask professionals. If any info is needed please ask...Thanks in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 davbrew2009

davbrew2009

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

I have ran into this same problem as well on two seperate laptops.

#3 cariaw

cariaw

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

I am having the EXACT same problem. I started up my laptop in safe mode with networking. From there I ran my antivirus, which found four viruses that were removed. After that, I ran a scan using adaware. That only came up with a few cookies to be deleted. I also have malwarebytes but like the previous post, it wouldn't work for me (and I tried using it in safemode). On top of that, I am unable to connect to the internet while in safe mode (with networking) or not. My boyfriend's computer connects to the internet just fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks

#4 biginmb20

biginmb20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

I have now tried most ways on here to get malwarebytes to work with no luck. Is there another program with malwarebytes ability?

Edit: might have beat it...I kept running superantispyware and the last time it found and deleted a few things. With those files or whatever they were gone, I was able to once again download malwarebytes and run it, completely deleting "security tool"...I hope.

Edited by biginmb20, 05 October 2009 - 11:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users