Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

water cooled

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:05 AM

i posted about a week ago about making my own pc and i have since had a thought ive heard that watercooling is a really good way to keep the temp down but i am a little worried about it i mean isnt it a bit dangerous to put water running through a pc i know its in pipes and stuff but what if the split itll completly wreck the pc does any have it or know if it is safe thnx
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:19 AM

thousands of people use liquid cooling, not necessarily water. if you have the pipes on good enough with good clips to hold them on, youre good to go! but there is always the possibility of the pipes slipping off of the sleeves, and/or pipes bursting. in that case use a non-coductive coolant in your cooling system. there was a LAN party in montreal a month or 2 back, one of the master system builders had his enitire computer (except the monitor, keyboard, etc) in a freakin aquarium!! when the reporters asked him what he used to fill the aquarium with, this was his reply... petroleum-based non-conductive fluid. poke around here and it should be fairly easy to find that article.

if you are worried if the pipes will burst or something of the like, then find a non-conductive coolant. it will not short out your system, meaning like water it wont fry your computer.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

The only liquid cooling systems I have seen (1, actually) did not use water, and the guy I talked to at the store said they cool very well, and are very quiet. The downside is that they are very expensive. He also said that you can build your own if you get parts, but I don't know how that's done.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users