We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
- Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
- Direct Download (Recommended)
- Zip Mirrors (Recommended if you have a slower connection or if the Direct Download mirror is down)
- Rar Mirrors - Only if you know what a RAR is and can extract it.
- Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).
- Open on your desktop.
- Click the tab.
- Click the button.
- Check all seven boxes:
- Push Ok
- Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
- Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
- Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
Please note: If Rootrepeal fails to run, try this step: Click Settings - Options. Set the Disk Access slider to High
Also try: right-click on rootrepeal.exe and rename it to tatertot.scr
Please download peek.bat
and save it to your Desktop. Double-click on peek.bat to run it. A black Command Prompt window will appear indicating the program is running. Once it is finished, copy and paste the entire contents of the Log.txt file it creates in your next reply.
If you encounter a problem downloading or getting peek.bat to run, go to
, and in the open box, type: Notepad
- Click OK.
- Copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Untitled - Notepad.
DIR /a/s C:\WINDOWS\scecli.dll C:\WINDOWS\netlogon.dll C:\WINDOWS\eventlog.dll C:\Windows\cngaudit.dll >Log.txt
- Go to File > Save As, click the drop-down box to change the Save As Type to *All Files and save it as "peek.bat" on your desktop.
- Double-click peek.bat to run the script.
- A window will open and close quickly, this is normal.
- A file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop.
- Open that file and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
users, users can refer to these instructions
to Run a Batch File as an Administrator.
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook