Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeanholly

jeanholly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:42 AM

Hi
Does anyone know how my hotmail account :thumbsup: has mass mailed an advert out to all my contacts please? Appreciate any advice.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 05 October 2009 - 12:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:37 PM

Your Hotmail account password may be compromised. You ought to change it to something stronger, scan your computer for malicious software, and avoid login into your account from public/shared computers (i.e. library, internet cafe's, etc.)

#3 jeanholly

jeanholly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:35 AM

Hi thanks for that but don't use the account away from my computer at all. Nor is there any possibility of the password being used or known by anyone.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:49 AM

Another possibility:

Hotmail Accounts Hacked
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23134358-...cked-and-Posted

The list details over 10,000 accounts starting from A through to B, suggesting there could be additional lists. Currently it appears only accounts used to access Microsoft's Windows Live Hotmail have been posted, this includes @hotmail.com, @msn.com and @live.com accounts

Just in case, change your password.

Also, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262382/phishing-attack-targets-hotmail/

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 October 2009 - 08:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users