Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zekaer

Zekaer

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:30 AM

Well , I scanned my computer with Norton 2005, Spybot, and Ad-aware , Trend Micro , and Panda ActiveScan recently. Panda ActiveScan and Trend Micro picked up spyware and adware. Trend Micro pick up something different from Panda , and was able to clean it up, but Panda pick up an adware and wasnt able to disinfect. Panda pick up
Incident - Adware: adware/savenow
Status- No disinfected
Location-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\APP MANAGEMENT\ARPCACHE\SAVENOW

How do I remove this??
What I Currently Use:
Ad-Aware SE Professional + Ad-Watch | Spybot S&D | CC Cleaner | NOD32 Antivirus System
AntiSpyware:
Ad-Aware SE Personal | Spybot S&D | Spyware Blaster | Spyware Guard
Online Virus Scanners:
Trend Micro's Housecall | Panda ActiveScan | TrojanScan | RAV | eTrust

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:41 AM

Go to Start>Run type in Regedit. Then you just need to drill down to that key. Click the + beside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then the + beside SOFTWARE and so on. When you find Savenow right click and delete. Don't delete anything higher up in the key than that (to the left of Savenow).

When you find the Savenow folder can you let us know what is in the right hand pane? The HiJack team might find it interesting.

Edited by Leurgy, 28 July 2005 - 06:44 AM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Zekaer

Zekaer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

Here's what I found in the SaveNow folder.
Posted Image
What I Currently Use:
Ad-Aware SE Professional + Ad-Watch | Spybot S&D | CC Cleaner | NOD32 Antivirus System
AntiSpyware:
Ad-Aware SE Personal | Spybot S&D | Spyware Blaster | Spyware Guard
Online Virus Scanners:
Trend Micro's Housecall | Panda ActiveScan | TrojanScan | RAV | eTrust

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2005 - 06:14 AM

Thanks for posting that screenshot Zekaer. SaveNow has a lot of nerve, inserting itself right beside SpyBot. :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users