Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vector Linux

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spigon

Spigon

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

Ok thanks to search I finally sound a linux system that it fully operational to my standards for my sister computer, also it lightweight that very help seeing as she has a junker. Only problem is both Vector linux 6 light and standard edition crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen in online videos. Does anyone know why and how to fix it. Right now only thing I could think of is the windows manager having some sort of issue with fullscreen. How would I fix this for standard (xfce) or preferably light (icewm/jwm). If this is not the problem, I would guess it would maybe be the graphic card not being compatible with the nvidia legacy driver. However it shouldnt be that cause its a nvidia tnt 2 graphic card which is I recall would only work with the legacy driver.

P.S. for any solutions to come please answer for vector linux light edition if you can. Because it the one I am probably gonna install out of the two.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trio3b

Trio3b

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:07 PM

You are probably on the right track in suspecting graphics card drivers. I don't use VL anymore but it is a great solid distro based on Slackware.

Try:

1. Changing the screen resolution and/ or color depth

2. See if you can disable 3d hardware acceleration in the VASM control center and see what happens

3. If these don't work, then try loading the VESA graphics driver at boot

hope this helps

Edited by Trio3b, 06 October 2009 - 11:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users