Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading my computer, need help?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KiraxYamato

KiraxYamato

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:09 PM

Hello all I want to upgrade my computer this is the spec:

Posted Image

I am upgrading my RAMS to 4GB but the rest I don't know which to buy. I am on a very very short budget, I do more programs then gaming. I am a video maker so I will have like I.E. Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, After Effect, Pinnacle, and Final Cut. I am currently running Windows 7 and tempted to downgrade to XP but probably and most likely stay on 7. What should I upgrade next?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

I assume you're running Windows 7 RC, not the RTM. If you upgrade to 4GB, you will need 64-bit Windows to use it all. 64-bit XP sucks, but 64-bit 7 is great. I have no idea why anyone would want to go back to XP. That's a good mid-level PC, depending on your graphics card. More extensive upgrades, such as replacing the CPU or the motherboard, may not be possible since that PC came from HP and was not built by you.

3939.png

#3 KiraxYamato

KiraxYamato
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:53 AM

can I atleast modified the outside? like switching cases?

#4 IrishGrimReaper

IrishGrimReaper

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

I'm not sure about HP, but the old Pre-built I had, the actual PW switch from the case was soldered to my motherboard, making changing it impossible. If you can remove all the parts inside, then you can fit them in another case. You just have to watch out if there's something soldered.
|~|i7 920-D0@3.9Ghz|~|Noctua NH-U12P|~|P6T Deluxe V2|~|OcZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz|~|PNY GTX 275 898MB|~|Enermax Rev85+ 850 Watt|~|Xonar Dx 7.1|~|Lian Li P80|~|Samsung T220|~|G9|~|G11|~|Intel SSD X25M:G2-80GB|~|Windows 7 Home Premium 64|~|SteelSeries Siberia White|~|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users