Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Photo House please.....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:03 PM

I'd be thrilled if I could use my Paint Shop Pro disk but it has a scratch so my PC won't/can't read it, grrr!!!
I'm creating a personal website and need to crop/resize a couple of my photos and I used the squiggly lined tool to do so but I don't see how to save my 'work'. I know how to save as but it doesn't save what I actually did. If this makes sense to anyone, can ya help me out here?
Thanks!

~67~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:24 PM

H '67

First, there are tools available that may be able to repair that scratch in your CD - possibly. Check in with a local pro that might be selling them and talk them into repairing that CD on the premise that you might buy the tool. (I bought one cause sometimes they do repair the CD well enough that one can burn a replacement! It cost me $30 USD at my local shop more than a year ago.)

Second: What program are you currently using to resize your photos?

On my "Paint" and MS "Photo Editor" I just click on the "RED X" to end the process and MS WIN XP Home asks me if I want to save the changes and to what file...
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:32 PM

Hiya Koan!
Right now, I'm using Corel Photo House. I've got a great computer system that has some nice things on it but until I can figure out what everything does, I'm kinda stuck with Corel Photo House for now. I open the photo and on the left it has options. The one I select is "Make Changes" to which one of those options is "Crop/Resize". Is this a program that you have on your PC? I figure it'd be easier to help if ya got it also.
FYI - Not only are a couple of them too big to post on my webpage (which I will share with all of you for feedback when done) but a couple of them have a white 'border' on two sides of the picture(s). It is as though the picture wasn't big enough for the space available if that makes any sense at all.
Thanks a bunch for any help, Koan!

~67~

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:35 PM

Sorry,

I've not used Corel, so I'll defer to those who have...

Good Luck!
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:43 PM

Koan - Thanks anyway, I appreciate the effort. By the way, I have seen those 'buffers' they have for about $30 or so. I borrowed one once from my son's friend and it puts these 'waves' on the disks, which is fine except some CD players can't read it afterwards. I will try a place where my brother bought his computer recently and see if I have any luck. I hate that PSP runs $99 a disk. If anyone out there in BC World has Paint Shop Pro that wouldn't mind burning me one, I'd pay for it - assuming it's less than buying a brand new one, lol. It's my favorite program/software of all time. There's nothing it can't do.

~67~

#6 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:00 PM

Picassa allows cropping & resizing.

Edited by scarlett, 13 September 2004 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:50 PM

Hi!
Try using tooth paste and a old tooth brush to remove those scratches! Then run it under water. It really works buffs out the scratches like it does to the plaque on your teath! Try it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users