Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DirectX pain

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zinus

Zinus

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

I keep trying to intall what I believe to be the newist version of DirectX from Microsoft; however, when I install DirectX it runs through the download really fast and then tells me everything has been installled; I checked the folder and it is empty and my games still won't run.

So I'm lead to believe it isn't, I did find one that seemed to be installing something but when I tried putting it anywhere it told me that that location is invalid. Where can I install the newist version without problems?

Edit:It appears I may have been downloading updates for DirectX 9 instead of DirectX 9 it's self; this is really confusing a link would be much appreached. My graphics card is a Diamond Stealth S120, better known as Radeon 9550 if that helps.

Edit: Apparently I have directX 10 some diagnostic tool tells me I do, but I keep getting errors and having problems with loading games. Could this be due to my graphics card? I'm not 100% sure what the hell it really is and the drivers on the manufactiors site don't work.

Edit: Ha ha using that tool I found out my card is actually a 9200 not 9550, I'll see if it works after drivers are updated.

Edit: I'm screwed, the 9200 has no drivers and I'm pretty sure it can't run with DirectX 9 which means none of my games will work.... arggg. It's an AGP slot, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Zinus, 04 October 2009 - 06:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users