Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template:

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dreadlock-viking

dreadlock-viking

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:56 AM

My budget for the new computer is: under Euro400

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?:
Games Design (basic games like solitaire, nothing flashy), light games (old ones like age of empires, possibly spore but not a must). Video watching online, Music download and uploading to MP3 player, using forums, reading tons of e-books, financial recording (for just myself) and music making.

What software do you intend on using on the computer?
Microsoft word, excell, outlook, will be using Opera or Firefox, MSN, light games, GIMP, Video-Streaming, adobe reader, FL Studio / Acid Pro

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?:
Yes, oldish games like age of empires and old strategy games like that, largest game I'd play would be spore and similar things to that, Nothing elite.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?
If I can have lots of programs running at the same time I'd be happy. Music downloads + streaming videos + msn + forums. Or MSN + Light Games.

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?
Yes. albums and photo albums.

Here's the Laptop I'm already looking at.

Euro349.00

Dell Latitute 2100

Ubuntu 8.10 (English)

IntelŪ ATOM N270 Processor (1.60GHz, 512Kb cache)

160GB 5400rpm Hard Drive

10.1" Non-touchscreen LED (1024x576) Display with integrated 1.3 Mega Pixel Camera and built-in digital microphone

IntelŪ GMA 945 Graphics

2GB DDR2 (533Mhz) RAM

Battery
Primary 6 cell 56 Whr Lithium Ion battery.
Battery life: up to 6-7 hours.

AC ADAPTER
3 Pin UK/IRISH Type (65W, 100-240V)

Additional Info
Intel Wireless 1397

GENUINE DELL BACK UP disks: Ubuntu 8.10 DVD, Free DOS DVD, Driver's&Utilities DVD, Dell Webcam Central software CD.

Dell 3 Year International Warranty
3 Year In-Home Warranty Support, including evenings and Saturdays covers the cost of repairs and replacemen parts. In the event of a problem that cannot be resolved by phone-based troubleshooting, DELL will send a DELL-certified technician to your home to directly resolve hardware-related issues.

Thanks loads in advance for any replies. Hail Thor!

Edited by dreadlock-viking, 04 October 2009 - 08:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users