Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop freezes and looks like TV static

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GBAMinh

GBAMinh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:37 AM

Dear Bleepingcomputer.com

My girlfriend's laptop is not working and I am having a lot of trouble getting started with any fixes/solutions because the computer freezes within 5-10 minutes. When it freezes it looks like TV static. Nothing works and I'm forced to reset by holding-down the power button. I tried safe mode and I managed to do a virus scan, but nothing turned up. I wanted to backup some files but the moment I plug my external HDD the laptop freezes (note that I'm still in safe mode). It also hangs a lot during safe mode which usually results in another freeze. The fact that it is freezing everytime I try something makes it very hard to do anything. What should I do?

General Laptop information: Toshiba Satellite M300, OEM-Vista, Core2Duo, 4GB-RAM, 320GB-HDD, 256MB-VGA card, AVG 8.5 free edition, less than a year old.

Regards,
GBAMinh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

Did you try reinstalling the video driver
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users