Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WMP11...cds will not play...please help.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hercules1

Hercules1

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:04 AM

I can not get cds to play in wmp11. It will play dvds, burned dvds, but no cds. It even plays streamed video and audio just fine. When I try to play a cd, I get the message, "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For Additional assistance, click Help." It take me to page which states error code C00D11B1. It says something about "tags" and has proven to be no help at all. It doesn't matter if the cd is a regular store bought cd or one I burned a compilation of songs to.

I have managed to get a cd to play once by closing the error message, then clicking on the drop down menu under "Now Playing" tab, then clicking on the "Play cd..." This has only worked once and has not since then. When I put a cd in, wmp will show the cover art and cd info in the upper right hand corner of wmp and even show the song titles in the list on the right hand panel. When the cd tries to play at this point, a little red circle with an "x" in it appears next to the first several songs. When I try to press play again, it will add that "x" to the next several until all the songs are marked with an "x." It doesn't matter which drive I try to play the cd in...a Pioneer DVR-116 DBK and a LiteOn iHAP422.

It really bugs me to know that it has played a cd, but, only once, and plays everything else just fine. So, does anyone have any advice or info on what to do to get it to work?

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, WMP11, and Realtek HD Audio as the sound devices.

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hercules1

Hercules1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

I'd like to update something I just noticed while trying to fix this problem. If I start WMP 11, then put a cd in, it will not play the cd. If I have WMP 11 off, as in all you see is my desktop, then put in a cd, it autostarts/runs WMP 11 and starts playing the cd. All functions work normally, like skipping ahead a couple songs, pause, etc. If I stop that cd, take it out, then put it right back in without shutting down WMP 11, it will not work apon reinserting the cd into the drive. So, appearantly, WMP 11 has to be off/shut down before inserting a cd, and let it autostart/run to play that cd. If I want to put a different cd in, I have to take the current cd out, shut down WMP 11, then insert the new cd I want to listen too to get it to play the cd.

How do I get WMP 11 to play a cd without having to autostart it by inserting a cd everytime I want to listen something different?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users