Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 9gan9esh9

9gan9esh9

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

I have Lenovo laptop with Home Premium Vista and Toshiba Laptop Home Premium ( gave it to my Mom in India)

I spoke to Lenovo and Toshiba technicians and no one there wants to help me in creating a backup CD, I have been using WIN XP for past 6 years. So I do not know how to create a backup CD for Vista. I control my Mom's computer by using Logme In. I am planning to go to India, in October 3rd week so I can create the disk and then ask my friend there to help if there is any problem with OS system.

Any suggestion and help is welcome and appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

Hi 9gan9esh9,there is a chap from Avast Forum's that posts his shared files and he has a download for Vista Recovery Disc's.You can find it here,bob03160.livejournal.com.It is after freeware for the week in blue writing.Vista Recovery Discs and its in blue writing so it stands out.I have downloaded stuff from here without problem.Check it out. :huh:

#3 9gan9esh9

9gan9esh9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

Hello Codhead,

Thank you for the quick reply, appreciated your time. Just wanted to ask how safe is this "bob03160's Journal. As you must have noticed through my post I am totally new to this, I don't want to mess up my computer with some virus. Please do not take this message as an personal offense. Once I come back from India, my mom does'nt have anyone to help her except my busy friend.

Sincerely......

#4 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:28 AM

Hi 9gan9esh9,
Absolutely no offense taken.bob03160'sjournal is absolutely safe.You can also find the same Bob on Avast forum's.He is a long standing member and highly respected.He also posts his shared files on Avast's Web Forum and you can find them their.If there was anything wrong with Bob's files I doubt if Alwil the makers of Avast would allow him to post his files.As I have said I have personally downloaded from Bob without problem.He is just a bloke that likes to help others.

#5 9gan9esh9

9gan9esh9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hello Codhead,,

Appreciated the input on bob's journal, I will follow your advice, thanks for taking valuable time and responding to this email.

I have a problem with Toshiba Vista laptop (Home Prem. Editio., this laptop is in India and I controlled it from USA with LogmeIN)

When I click on Windows updates the message displayed is listed below. Do you think it is because I have Avast on that laptop

Error Message (When I click Windows Update) : Vista - 80070424 Windows update encountered an an unknown error. Try again.

I did tried more than 20 times and it would not update. any suggestions.Thank you. :huh:

#6 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:23 AM

Hi 9gan9esh9,

Avast as never stopped me from updating.I would think it more likely to be a firewall or other security app causing the problem.But I do not think Avast would cause such a problem.

Did you take Garmanma's advice about disabling Spybot's Teatimer.If not do that before trying to update.He left instructions on the other thead.

Edited by cod head, 06 October 2009 - 04:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users