Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What happened to longhorn?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flann

flann

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:01 PM

Did microsoft change the name? When did this happen? Do I know have to throw out all the Longhorn Sucks shirts I made? oh no.

How would I get a beta version of this OS?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:06 PM

Did you bother reading any of the press releases Grinler linked to? It might answer one or two of your questons:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Win...ive-t26138.html

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:57 AM

You would have had to be deemed "worthy" by Microsoft and appointed to the 10,000 initial beta testers they initially picked.

#4 flann

flann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:30 AM

I did read the articles, I was just trying to be funny, with my longhorn sucks shirts. Apparently it didn't come across :huh:

#5 g52ultra

g52ultra

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:08 AM

You would have had to be deemed "worthy" by Microsoft and appointed to the 10,000 initial beta testers they initially picked.

Or have low friends in high places. As in very low friends. In very high places.

As for the shirt, just draw a red circle with a slash through it and airbrush "Vista" over it. Longhorn, Vista- heh even the Beta 1 doesn't have it straight.

Ya know, I was thinking that when Microsoft puts out a Power Toys for Vista, they could call it "Vista Cruiser." Small joke, very small.

I went to a seminar when IBM's OS2 came out and they gave us all kinds of stuff. An OS2 Warp trial CD, easily hackable, but hey- who actually wanted it? They also gave us some of these giant yellow buttons and bumper stickers that proudly proclaimed "Ask Me About OS2 Warp"

I actually stuck one on my truck, and had one of those giant yellow buttons on my carry bag. Occasionally somebody would "ask me about OS2 Warp."

"It SUCKS!" I'd reply!

Edited by g52ultra, 10 August 2005 - 02:42 AM.

Anybody know where John Titors's '66 Vette is (or was, or will be)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users