Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clueless, and need camera

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

Hello, I need a camera. I don't know anything about cameras really so I'm going to need some help. I'd like something that's cheap, I only need about mid-range quality, and something that can take a good picture in a dark area as well. All though I must have a camera that has its own rechargeable battery packs. I have been through two cameras now that used AAA or AA batteries and those cameras eat those batteries in a effing heartbeat, I'm sick of that. So far here's what I found, this Kodak looks really good for me http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16830170234 and then there is this creative camera http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16830106001 What do you guys think?

Edited by ShrOomiN, 03 October 2009 - 02:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:54 PM

I buy cameras that take AA batteries on purpose
get a couple of 2500 mAh rechargeable batteries and a charger
If you're somewhere and they die, regular AA's will work until you recharge
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:41 AM

I don't like carrying the batteries around or buying them, I'd rather just charge up and go. Also every camera I use that takes batteries something goes wrong. This is what happens; I'll give my batteries a full charge and turn the camera on and take like 1 picture, turn it off, and turn it on the next day and the camera dies in five seconds. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, this happens even when I use non-rechargeables, I usually use Ni-Cad batteries does any of that make a difference?

In my opinion it just seems like having a rechargeable Li-Ion battery is a better idea. It also seems that cameras that use Li-Ion batts are made to last a little longer, and generally are not as cheap and crappy.

Edited by ShrOomiN, 04 October 2009 - 12:43 AM.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

When the word (camera) comes I only think of one brand; Nikon. I have no stake in the company. I have used there products for many years.

#5 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:10 AM

Yeah, I don't really know what type of camera to buy though, that's my problem.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:14 AM

I agree with Garmanma about the batteries.

As for camera batteries, the ones I've had recently are all lithium. My rechargeables are for my .mp3 players :thumbsup:.

I think "point-and-shoot" and "photos" when I hear camera and that doesn't seem to be what you have in mind. But today's cameras are versatile, so you may want to take a look at something other than what you have your eye on today.

I like this one, http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-revi...oom-review.html

Louis

#7 ShrOomiN

ShrOomiN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

Um okay fine I have no problem switching to batteries, but then can anyone explain the problem I seem to have with normal batteries. Someone even once told me that leaving batteries in a camera isn't good to do, I usually always do that is that problem I have then? Is that why my camera keeps eating up the life of my batteries?

But actually Hamluis, point and shoot is just what I have in mind, I only want to take pictures.

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

Like I said I only use regular AA batteries as a backup when I'm out and the rechargeable wears down
I have a Canon and a Kodak and like them both
They are most all the same, for the point and shoot cameras
Nothing stands out to make it a spectacular camera
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users