Okay, that looks good. How is everything running now?TFC
by OldTimer to your desktop.(TFC only cleans temp folders. It will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies).
Close any open windows.
- Double click the TFC icon to run the program
- TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
- Click the Start button to begin the process.
- Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
- The program should not take long to finish it's job.
Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine, if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete cleanNOTE:
It's normal after running TFC cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time.
TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. DR. WEB CUREIT
Please download Dr.Web CureIt
and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.alternate download linkNote: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8
key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in Safe Mode.Scan with Dr.Web CureIt
- Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
- Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
- The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
- If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
- If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
- After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
- In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
- Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
- Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
- When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
- Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
- In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
- Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
- Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
- Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
- After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)
Edited by elise025, 08 October 2009 - 01:12 AM.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome
Malware analyst @ Emsisoft