Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rogue Spyware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StephanieKay

StephanieKay

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:46 AM

I've recently been through the ringer with just about every known virus on the face of the earth. After getting a fake window's police pro ad pop up, all hell broke loose. I was able to rid my computer of that, but later aquired AV CARE and many more viruses through a ghost in my system. This rogue virus(es) have caused mass havoc on my computer. I cannot open or install any anti-virus/anti maleware problems. I've tried the .com hijack but that was to no avail, the antivirus scanners shut down after 10 seconds. Whatever is on my computer deleted xp, or at least appears to have, my computer doesn't recognize any sound input/output and only beeps through the sound card like way back when with MS DOS.. I've tried everything under the sun and I've come to terms that my computer is just going to have to be redone. I don't have a problem with that, thankfully awhile back I saved all my valuable information, documents, music files,etc. on spare hardrives. HOWERVER, there is one VERY IMPORTANT folder that I need to re-add to my data E-DRIVE because there are new files i need on my new computer! (I make music and alot of my new unfinished projects are in this folder) This lil virus, maleware or whatever the hell it is won't let me copy and paste, wont let me send the folder, won't let me drag, won't even let me send to a flash drive. I don't know what to do, I need to get the new computer up and running as fast as possible but I need this folder added to my data drive. I just simply CANNOT lose these files. There has to be a way around this, to at least let my computer copy and paste, right? Somebody please make my day and help me! I have a feeling it has something to with DCOM permissions but when I run dcomcnfg it shuts the window down....
ugh :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :huh:

Thanks,
-Stephanie Kay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

Moved from HJT to a more appropriate forum. Tw

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

Hello I think this will run.
Download this Utility and save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the Utility to run it and and let it finish.
When it states Finished! Press any key to exit, press any key to close the program.
It will save a .txt file to your desktop automatically. Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as part of the reply in the topic you will create below..

Edited by boopme, 03 October 2009 - 08:18 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users