Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headset headphones work, but mic won't.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikev0

mikev0

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:09 PM

Last night while on Skype my mic randomly began distorting my voice. I noticed the Mic settings in Skype had randomly been changed from "Microphone = Sigmatel Audio" to "Microphone = USB Audio Device". I was unable to put it back in Sigmatel mode for the fact that it wasn't there anymore. I later found out that USB Audio Device is the mic that is on my digital camera. That mic does work, but sounds horrid.

I tried messing with the audio settings in volume control, nothing worked. I went to Device Manager and saw that there was a yellow exclamation mark next to the Sigmatel Audio CODEC, I tried re downloading the drivers, it didn't work (wouldn't pick up the mic). I then uninstalled the Sigmatel driver in Device Manager and rebooted, hoping it would self-reinstall. Instead, it installed the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.

Now I've been trying to play around with IDT and even updating it, nothing seems to work. It apparently picks up that my mic is plugged but it won't actually let me put out any noise through it. For example, when I do the Windows Sound Hardware Test Wizard and get to the Mic section, the green bar will not move except about every two seconds it spikes about a centimeter up, but not in response to any noise that I make. I've made sure nothing is muted and that everything is plugged in right, just to be dissapointed. :thumbsup:

Again, I can hear just fine, I just can't say anything. :huh:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikev0

mikev0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

Problem Fixed!

#3 abelz234

abelz234

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

heyy ??

can you help me for this problem ?? i'm stuck.. please help me..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users