Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display very dark and i have no idea why

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 justy

justy

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:22 PM

So... THe display suddenly got really dark and dim and hard to see. The weird thing is that the cursor is unafected. Its just as light and shiny as it used to be. Also the startup screen seemed ok. So im guessing that the monitor hasnt burned out or anything.
I think that changing some settings might get it back to normol, but i cant seem to find anything related to it.

The problem began when i installed a game (came from a trustable source, so i dont think it was virusy) and launched it. It hanged in the startup process (or maybe the screen was to dark to see it already), i restarted and boom. Everything dark. It also prompted to install some activex control and spybots tea timer asked about something too. I allowed both.

And i also tried turning up brightness with the buttons on my monitor.

I took a screenshot. I dont know if it shows up normal or is also dark. You tell me.
Posted Image

Im running a XP with a voodoo 3

So... Help pl0z? The darkness is breaking my eyes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:51 PM

Have you tried to uninstall the agme, and see if the problem persists?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 justy

justy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:36 AM

Yep. I tried safe mode and everything was ok there.

#4 justy

justy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:57 AM

Oh... Well, I reinstalled a driver for my video card and pooh, everything shiny again! I suppose that the game somehow corrupted it..

Really sorry for bothering you all.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:16 PM

No bother.
Glad you were able to get it fixed.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users