Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It figures...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:53 PM

Gotta love my luck. Just got a new box, and it turns out the CD/DVDrw drive is screwed up. I tried to play a dvd today, and it performed terribly. It played the dvd, but every second (litterally) it would pause for like 1 second. So it was a repetitive event of 1 second of movie, one second of freeze frame... It did this throughout the movie and throughout the menus. Tried a different DVD, and it did the same thing...

To make sure it wasn't a program malfunction, i tried a music cd. It would register the number/length of tracks, but it wouldn't play the music. Tried a different cd, and it did the same thing.

Lastly, i tried to install a game (Unreal) from a disc. Well, that wouldn't work. Got through part of the setup, but when it started to install, it couldn't copy the files. Again, i tried it with another game (Rogue Spear) and once again, it failed.

The drive can read the individual files (if i want to explore the E: drive), but it won't smoothly read the disc.

I checked the Windows HCL, and there's a problem. The drive i have is a TSSTcorp CD-DVDw TS-H552B (which came stock with my new eMachine), but that doesn't seem to be on the list. There is a TSSTcorp CD-DVDw TS-H552A, but no B version. Idk if this would make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:53 AM

right click my computer and select manage click on device manager look for any signs (ie. yellow triangle w/exclamation point, red circle x'd out. If there is you can
right click on the device and chech for issues. Also try the manufacturers website or the emachines/gateway website and locate a new driver for your OS
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users