Hi, OK try these.
If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.
Please download RSIT
by random/random and save it to your Desktop.Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
- Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
- Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
- If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
- Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
- Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
- When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
- Save the log file to your desktop and copy/paste the contents into a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable
to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.
It looks like there may be a rootkit
. The rootkit itself is a protection module used to terminate a variety of security tools by changing the permissions on targeted programs so that they cannot run or complete scans. There are some new variants of rootkits in the wild right now that will require custom scripts to remove the infection, the process must be completed by HJT team members or above.
Failure to follow the proper removal process can and will cause serious damage to a machine. Recovery of the machine may be difficult, if not impossible.
Download this Utility
and save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the Utility to run it and and let it finish.
When it states Finished! Press any key to exit
, press any key to close the program.
It will save a .txt
file to your desktop automatically. Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt
file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as part of the reply in the topic you will create below..
Next please go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal
,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post the above Win32kDiag.exe log.
Let me know how that went.