Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet/Internet Driver...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sunflower1

Sunflower1

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:28 AM

A computer of mine had a virus on it, and I've decided that my best bet at this point would be do reformat my drive in order to get rid of everything (including the virus). My only concern would be getting back onto the internet after I've done this. The computer was received in a used state so there are no manuals or disks.

My question for you is this, after Windows XP is re-installed will the internet automatically start back working? I have a broadband connection through cable. If not, how can I determine which drivers i'll need? This is without having to put the computer tower on it's side and cracking open the case

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:39 AM

What is the PC make and model?

#3 Sunflower1

Sunflower1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:15 AM

Is that the only information that I'll need? I'll get that information, and post it later.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

That should do it.

#5 Sunflower1

Sunflower1
  • Topic Starter

• Members