Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook ".pst" files?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:38 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the comments for locating .pst files and how to copy them. They helped a lot. Now I have a different problem.

How do you empty the .pst file once you've copied its contents to another file for backing up to CD? Deleting the emails in MS Outlook and emptying the deleted files doesn't seem to empty the .pst file. And I want to copy groups of differnet emails (.pst files) to different files for backing up to a CD. Does anyone know how this can be done? How to empty the .pst file between copying defferent groups of emails? Thank you.

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:43 PM

Since you now know where the file/folders are kept on the hard drive, you can simply delete them; this will also delete the current contents of the files. When you next launch the application, the folder will be created automatically.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users