Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanting to build a computer set to my needs... More Inside

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 danielpaulhardy

danielpaulhardy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:26 AM

Hi.
I am interested in trying to refresh by computer building skills, but I am not very up to date when it comes to hardware.
First, What are some of the better drives, motherboards, and processors? I've recently looked at a 16 gig Ram Macbook Pro... which I am honestly not going to shell out the money for, but it brought the question of how much potential is out there, and why am I still waiting .321 seconds on File Opening (haha)
I imagine I will just get a basic ugly tower, AMD Single or Dual Opteron Based System, Tyan S28xx, S389x or S48xx Motherboard for about 32 DDR400 DRAM potential, then attempt at some form of blu ray/dvd/cd burner (if it exsists.) Shoot for 2 gig lan ports even though I know it wont happen where I live. but I need your suggestions. This is based just off numbers. I run Ebay nonstop with paypal, tech support for people in the area, Im a Warcrack geek... OOO what king of video cards are out now? Nividia still king or ran over? Im wanting to get a Coaxil port with DVR built in as well.

As you can tell. I basically want my computer to do everything without being slow (I dare malware/rootkits/spy/troj.) I even thought about building batch files to record inventory from my Ebay work to the contents of my fridge.

Please guys, Don't flame me... We all want Bill Gates walls. But is this even possible at this time through ordering parts or would I actually have to manufacture and soder Coaxil among other interests I have yet to share.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wee

Wee

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

Start here my friend: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users