Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer Blank...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 salshroom

salshroom

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:36 PM

Hello all, weird problem i have here today. When i right click my start button and click explore, you would generally get windows explorer pane on the left showing folders, and on the right hand side you see the contents of the folder on the left.

well on my left window pane for the windows explorer comes up as gray box. I can click history and it will show it. I can click favorites and it will show it. If i click folders it will show only whichever button i click previously. IE i click history bar, i click folders and still shows history / i click favorites and then click folders and favorites show up. I have tried to reinstall windows, I have searched google for fixes but nothing fixes it. Its bugged somewhere and i cnat find where to apply a fix to get it working. any ideas please let me know!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:49 AM

Please supply your Windows, IE, & Service Pack versions.

Edited by River_Rat, 28 July 2005 - 10:51 AM.

#3 salshroom

salshroom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:15 AM

Windows Millenium 4.90.3000 is version. IE6, sp1

#4 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:28 PM

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, just got back in town.

We are going to make some registry changes so be sure your export your registry to a safe place before you begin.

To Export:
Start>Run>(type) regedit>when registry opens>click My Computer>File>Export>Choose a safe place where you can find it.

Then:

Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Look in the right pane for this entry:

ExplorerBar

Delete it and reboot.

Let me know if this works, if so there will be no need to proceed to the next edit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users