Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows wont boot up please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 darkknights222

darkknights222

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:35 PM

I woke up one day and relized that my computer wouldnt boot up, I mean it boots up but it goes to the desktop and freezes with no icons to click on.... I put my hard drive in my brother computer and it seems to read off his computer.. I scanned it for worms, trojans ect and nothing was found.... can anyone tell me why my hard drive is acting weird.... thanks for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:23 AM

Lets see if we can find the problem causing the freeze in the boot process.
Open your case and remove any PCI cards (Modem, USB or 1394 PCI cards, Sound, ect. ect.) and all external hardware that is plugged in, only leave the Keyboard, Mouse, & Monitor plugged in, then boot up and see if the boot process will finish, if not shutdown and unplug the Keyboard & Mouse, then try.

If the computer boots properly then start installing the removed hardware 1 item at a time, boot up after each one till you find the faulty piece. If found this doesn't mean that the hardware is bad could be just corrupted drivers.

Post back with your progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users