Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with videocards and multiple monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigvedo

bigvedo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

Ok I'm going crazy here. I want to hook up three monitors to my computer. I have a ati raedon x850 video card installed with vga and dvi out. Dual monitor setup works fine. I bought another monitor and thought I hook it up using the onboard video card, which didn't work as I found out that my raedon disabled the onboard.

So I went out and bought another video card, due not having another pci express x16 slot I had to settle for a x1 video card. I bought this one

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p?Sku=TC3D-8400.

Well now when I turn on my computer the new video card disables my ati videocard. It gives me and error saying " update driver or enable ati adapter in display manager". I updated the drivers and in the catalyst display manager is nothing to enable the card.

I'm not sure what to do now?? I think my only choice is buying a video card with 3 or 4 vga outputs but that is just not worth it.

I know its a long thread but please help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

You used to be able to do that with a PCI and AGP video card but that still only gave you two monitors. You could try using a PCI and a PCI-e card to get three monitors but at this time I haven't found any documentation to say if it works or not. They do make specialty cards
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users