Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xp won't load

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 might3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:44 PM

recently installed xp home over millieniun edition. was working fine for few days. Turned it off on the tower cos I was in a hurry and had to go out , couldn't be bothered to wait. Went to swith it back on the other day and it takes you to the unexpectedly terminated screen what would you lik to do
1. start in safe mode
2. start in normal mode etc etc and a couple of others. I have tried them all but the system then seems to progress for a short while and then re-starts. no matter which option I choose. Just before it restarts there is a bue scren so quick that it's impossible to read. Any suggestions pleas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 flann

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:46 PM

not much of a fix, but I know that I had problems when I installed xp over ME. I have also heard of many others with the same problem, I had to get a full version of XP, and have had no problems ever since. I know this probably doesn't help, but, its just my expirence.

#3 Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:20 PM

1. start in safe mode
2. start in normal mode etc etc and a couple of others.

What are the others? Try Last known good configuration if its there.

If not a Repair Install should work. See How To Run a Repair Install on that page. Revisit Windows Updates right away if you do that.

Edited by Leurgy, 27 July 2005 - 08:24 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users