Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error messages on start up.....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 funkecrates

funkecrates

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

Whenever I start up my computer i got the same two error messages is there anyway or anything I can do to get rid of them? The messages are as follows:

SM Manager Application has encountered a problem and needs to close.....

Error Signature:
szAppName : SMManager.exe szAppVer : 1.2.1.2 szModName : msvcr80.dll
szModVer : 8.0.50727.3053 offset : 000046b4

Files included in error report
C:\DOCUME~1\COOPRO~1.L09\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcc04.dir00\SMManager.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\COOPRO~1.L09\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcc04.dir00\appcompat.txt

The other error message reads:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program:c/program Fi...
This application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

SMManager.exe belongs to a company called SIGMACOM Co.,Ltd. There are various incarnations of this file used for a variety of applications. Is there something on your machine that does not work properly?

What is the complete path of: Program:c/program Fi... That may be the application in trouble.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 funkecrates

funkecrates
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hello and thanks for the reply as far as I can tell there is nothing working wrong on my computer. Also from what I can tell the complete path is C:\Program Files\Fingerprint Sensor

#4 mfoley

mfoley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:30 AM

Hello and thanks for the reply as far as I can tell there is nothing working wrong on my computer. Also from what I can tell the complete path is C:\Program Files\Fingerprint Sensor

I am getting same 2 errors on my computer, Dell E5500, have you found any other info. Everything seems ok but those errors always show up when starting computer. Also how can you see the Runtime error all it says on mine is C:/ProgramFi... can't see entire file object.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users