Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Browsers Crashing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 westcoaster

westcoaster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hi there. I'm hoping that someone who knows a little more about computers than I do can help me with my problems.

Yesterday all of a sudden, my internet browsers stopped working. Internet Explorer would come up with an error Firefox wouldn't even open. After fiddling around with it for literally hours, checking for viruses and disabling the firewall, uninstalling and reinstalling firefox, it still wasn't working. It was only when I downloaded a program to delete all McAfee files from my computer (my subscription had expired) that it started to work again.

However today I am having problems again. When I try to open Firefox, straight away the Mozilla Crash Reporter comes up and when I try to send the report, that crashes as well, even when I try to open it in SafeMode. Internet Explorer also crashes upon launch, as does Outlook, Skype and many of my other programs that connect to the internet. AVG Virus Checker comes up clean, the firewall isn't blocking the connections, so I have NO idea why it isn't working.

I have been trying to sort this out all day and am desperate to get everything up and running again, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I hope this is the right place to post, as I am fairly new to this forum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users