Hi everyone! And thank you for taking time to help me today. I have a problem with Word 2007 and it is simple. When I click on a word file, (it can be .docx or .doc or .rtf, any kind) I get this error message: “Windows cannot find ‘C:\Users\Joan Roseman\Gregs Documents\Cleaning 911. docx’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.”
After I click on the same file again then it finally appears and I can work on my Cleaning 911 doc. It’s about different cleaning supplies. Dull but hey it’s
important to me! I’m aware you double-click to activate a program though I have to quadruple-click for all of my files.
I admit I’m bad with computers and so besides clicking on a file I’m pretty sure I should mention my system:
• Windows Vista Home Premium
• Word 2007 was installed from the actual box. I bought it from Staples.
Also I did take a picture of my computer and posted it up online. I don’t know if posting images is allowed here so I did put it up online:http://i37.tinypic.com/qpj9de.jpghttp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qpj9de&s=4
As far as solutions go I read online a few things:
• Shared printer can cause it <--- Well I do have a shared printer as my default printer. I downloaded Cute PDF it became my new default. When I print now I just manually select the shared printer. Though I still have the error.
• AntiVirus complications <--- I do use Webroot Spy Sweeper, and AVG free. A solution I tried was to put Spy Sweeper in compatibility mode. I made it run in “Windows XP (Service Pack 2)”. Then restarted and I still got this error message.
A poster said on a site “Your anti-virus could be moving it.” I do not know how to tell if it’s moving it around at all. So I’m at a loss here. ( I never tried putting AVG free in compatibility mode, only trying Spy Sweeper since it failed, naturally I thought AVG would too.)
• Un-install word 2007 and re-install. Tried it and still same error appeared!
Sorry for such a long post. Thank you again for trying to help me today everyone at bleeping computer.com!!!