Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word 2007 - "Windows cannot find"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gregory G.

Gregory G.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:58 AM

Hi everyone! And thank you for taking time to help me today. I have a problem with Word 2007 and it is simple. When I click on a word file, (it can be .docx or .doc or .rtf, any kind) I get this error message:

“Windows cannot find ‘C:\Users\Joan Roseman\Gregs Documents\Cleaning 911. docx’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.”

After I click on the same file again then it finally appears and I can work on my Cleaning 911 doc. It’s about different cleaning supplies. Dull but hey it’s
important to me! I’m aware you double-click to activate a program though I have to quadruple-click for all of my files.

I admit I’m bad with computers and so besides clicking on a file I’m pretty sure I should mention my system:

• Windows Vista Home Premium
• Word 2007 was installed from the actual box. I bought it from Staples.

Also I did take a picture of my computer and posted it up online. I don’t know if posting images is allowed here so I did put it up online:
http://i37.tinypic.com/qpj9de.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qpj9de&s=4

As far as solutions go I read online a few things:

• Shared printer can cause it <--- Well I do have a shared printer as my default printer. I downloaded Cute PDF it became my new default. When I print now I just manually select the shared printer. Though I still have the error.
• AntiVirus complications <--- I do use Webroot Spy Sweeper, and AVG free. A solution I tried was to put Spy Sweeper in compatibility mode. I made it run in “Windows XP (Service Pack 2)”. Then restarted and I still got this error message.

A poster said on a site “Your anti-virus could be moving it.” I do not know how to tell if it’s moving it around at all. So I’m at a loss here. ( I never tried putting AVG free in compatibility mode, only trying Spy Sweeper since it failed, naturally I thought AVG would too.)

• Un-install word 2007 and re-install. Tried it and still same error appeared!

Sorry for such a long post. Thank you again for trying to help me today everyone at bleeping computer.com!!! :thumbsup:
My avatar is from the Mozilla Test Pilot project! Please join today and make Firefox an even better web browser! http://labs.mozilla.com/testpilot/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:03 AM

a suggestion - reinstall windows - there could beseveral reasons for your problem and the simplest answer is to reinstall windows - a pain I know - but there could be errors with windows or just the registry - a registry fix can be helpful but also can be dangerous to those who don't know what they are doing adn is reccomended for advanced/experienced users.

another suggestion - take you computer to a suitable service providor to have a look though can cost some $$$.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users