Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multple file launches

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nivek

nivek

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:13 AM

have a strange anomally one boot up , I have not noticed before the hdd on boot up makes a series of clicks two many to count but clicks for about 2- 3 seconds then continues to boot normally it is not slow (normal for xp) the next thing that happens is the most strange and that is the 1st icon that i click on launches multiples of the same file. I use firefox and yesterday launched 50 times, obviously slowing the machine down till it sorts its self out, I have found that hitting the ESc key stops the multi launch, once this has happened there is no other problems on the pc that i have found all working fine , no resouces drain, files open and shut as they should no spyware detected, no malware, detected, have no reason to beleive that its a virus new installation new hdd about two weeks ago use super antispy, malwarebytes and nod 32 software I also use online armor firewall, broad band connection, through a router,no net work connected at present, pent IIII 3.2 dual processor, 1g mem running at 400, 256 meg graphics card, audigy sound

any advice would be good

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nivek

nivek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

ignore this post now not fixed but new prob

0 user(s) are reading this topic