Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'M OK WITH WAITING; IS MY SITUATION STILL IN LINE?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boydphoto

boydphoto

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

a few days ago i posted all the scans you requested and was told it would take some time for more help. i don't want to jump in line ahead of anyone, i just want to know if i will be up sooner or later. thanks, boyd.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hello boydphoto

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help members with malware issues. Athough our HJT Team staff work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

New and more devious malware infections are released almost daily. It then takes time for our Team to to investigate, analyze and test removal techniques before we can help members like yourself. Doing that means that we sacrifice speed of response for a quality response that will help remove the malware more effectively.

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.
The BC Staff
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 boydphoto

boydphoto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:19 AM

dear boopme and others;
i'm not frustrated at all, merely wanting to receive your help when you folks have time. i understand the situation and only want to make sure that my request is still active. as much as my mom would have argued otherwise, i'm not that special, and i'm willing to wait my turn. also i appreciate the help you have given me in the past. thanks, boyd.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

Rest assured, you are still in line. Given the backlog we have, it may be another week and a half or so before your topic gets picked up though possibly sooner. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 boydphoto

boydphoto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

thanks, orange blossom. boyd

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:11 AM

You're welcome.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users