Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NVIDIA GeForce 8200- driver vs Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 animemonster

animemonster

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:52 AM

My mother's computer has a built-in (as far as I know, it came with the computer) NVIDIA GeForce8200 graphics card. The computer is a reconditioned Acer Aspire desktop with an AMD Athlon 64 and Windows Vista x64. The problems have been going since the first time she turned the computer on, but never as bad as now. Now the computer goes into "blue screen of death" mode with a message about dumping the physical memory. The problems seemed to have been started by either the installation of anti-virus programs or the printer.

The anti-virus programs that have been installed or attempted are following:

Trend Micro's Internet Security Pro (removed for problems with updating and running of anti-virus scans)
AVG Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware 2008 (current, but seems to randomly "quit")

There seems to be rements of various anti-virus programs left over and all fighting each other. Norton, McAfee, Spybot, and Ad-Aware have all been used on this system and at least Trend Micro still has pieces installed (no matter how many times it has been attempted to unistall all pieces).

The printer that was installed at the same time is am HP psc 1350v All-in-One with color/black & white printer, copier, and scanner. I've reinstalled the printer for my mother about eight times, but problems with small printing have occurred.

Before the memory dumps it would randomly shut down the system with a message that it was the graphics card. My mother thought the problems were resulting from Second Life, so she ignored it. But now the message about the graphic card doesn't show up, and it took some effort to figure out that the driver was what was causing the memory dumps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:59 PM

I apologize in advance for my stupidity but I don't see your question :thumbsup:
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 animemonster

animemonster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

What can I do to stop it from doing the memory dumps? What caused the graphics card to suddenly do that?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

You can use the following to explore the .dmp files: Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users