Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Only one computer on the Internet. Why?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

Hi. I've been having loads of problems with the Internet and for some reason can only get it on one computer. Sorry if it gets confusing.

I used to have a network set up, which involved two computers and sometimes a laptop. It was a wireless network, but also worked wired. But now the main computer can not be used and so I tried setting up the router on my other computer. Now this is Vista which is possibly why it won't work (the other computer was XP), but it was part of the network before and the router seems to be sending out a signal (my PSP goes online with it fine) yet my computer won't even though it is wired to it and shows it is.

I have tried to get my laptop (XP) back online - no settings have been changed and it all seems fine yet even with a direct link from the modem to the laptop through cable it refuses to work. It used to work fine like this a few months ago.

My sister just bought a brand new laptop (Vista) and this can not get online wirelessly through the router. I tried an old router which is just wired and my computer was online yet hers wasn't. I can't set up any connection for it except wireless it seems.

I also have an older computer (Windows 2000) and this too would not go online, even though it used too.

So basically I have one computer directly linked by cable to the modem that will go online and that is all, despite seemingly having a working router, all settings correct, everything installed properly and knowing I have the Internet as I can get it on here.

I don't understand what the problem is. I've tried a number of ways to solve it but have yet to get anything to work. So is there anyway I can get the Internet back on all the computers? Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

What's the make/model of the router?

#3 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

What's the make/model of the router?

Belkin

Managed to get a laptop online with cables (if it makes a difference). Yet to get that router to work at all though

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

A Belkin what? there ought to be a model number somewhere on it (look on the bottom)

#5 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:53 AM

Sorry, most people just ask for the make and seem to know all from that. Their own support site just gives general information too like it doesn't make a difference. It's a Belkin Wireless G router. Model is F5D7230-4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users