Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

physical memory dump

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 randyrayd

randyrayd

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:57 AM

This may be normal for Win2K Pro but since the OS is fairly new to me and the problem has not replicated itself. I have 256K memory and in my opinion don't have much running in the background.

After burning/backing up several documents, I turned my printer on and got a black screen for just a second. All I could read was something about dumping physical memory before it rebooted. After the reboot everything seems okay, but I checked Task Manager and CPU usage was spiking for just a short period of time, then back to normal.

Here’s some info from Event Viewer that may assist:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 3/22/2005
Time: 12:39:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ADS
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000044 (0x826f87e8, 0x00000cd8, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini032205-01.dmp.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: TrueVector Service
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5007
Date: 3/22/2005
Time: 12:39:27 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ADS
Description:
TrueVector engine: File "C:\WINNT\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB" was corrupt, restoring from backup "C:\WINNT\Internet Logs\BACKUP.RDB".

Any ideas on what caused this or how to preven it? As always, I appreciate your assistance,
Randall

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:06 AM

This error occured in March?

True Vector is the background process for ZoneAlarm. Sounds like that is what crashed.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 randyrayd

randyrayd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:15 AM

Yes, in March. I try very hard to research/solve my own problems before bothering others. It also helps me understand things better than just reading a response.

The incident has not been repeated and I had forgotten about it until recently when I had a different error message (isafe.exe has stopped running) which brought this one back to mind.

I may need to uninstall/reinstall the program, but there has only been one incident of each problem.

I just wanted some ideas and thank you for your response.

Randall

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:38 AM

Please don't feel that your bothering anyone by posting questions here. I was thinking that perhaps the date was a typo. The beauty of a forum like this is that questions are posted and answers given and people learn in the process. At any given time about 10% of the people visiting this forum are members and that indicates that 90% of the people are here to find a solution to a similar problem or just to learn. Our tutorials have had 1,965,295 views while our forums have had 144,354 posts which is a similar ratio. Having our members, such as yourself, posting questions gives a lot of information to a lot of people (we call them lurkers). :thumbsup:

isafe.exe is a part of Computer Associates eTrust AntiVirus which keeps your Internet security product up to date, according to iutilities.com.

Computers, being what they are, can experience big and little crashes and your lucky you are getting the little ones. :flowers:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 randyrayd

randyrayd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:48 AM

Thanks for the info. I wrongly assume isafe.exe was associated with my firewall and not my AV. Since I have had two problems with different utilities within EZ Armor, and I believe there is a newer version, I think an uninstall/reinstall is in order.

I appreciate your help.

Randall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users