Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion a6703w with NVidia Graphics and HPw2007 Not sleeping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cubbybearks

Cubbybearks

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:59 AM

I have an HP Pavilion computer that I just bought about 6 months ago, recently the monitor has not been going into power saving sleep mode, I have NVidia Graphics built on the motherboard and when I reinstall the drivers the monitor will start the sleep cycle and use the screen saver will come up but after a few weeks I'm back to the same thing. No screensaver and no sleep mode on the monitor, this is really driving me crazy java script:add_smilie(":flowers:","smid_48") because I have to shut the monitor off when I am done with the computer to save energy and monitor use. Has anyone been able to solve this or should I just start looking for another graphics card. My Domestic partner suggested I get an ATI Radeon card like he has because it has not given him any trouble.

I have a HP Pavilion a6703w with 5GB of RAM Vista 64-bit, a 320 GB hard drive and a hpw2007 monitor.

Should I update the monitor driver, the NVidia Driver (Who I have heard alot of people complain about) or replace the on board graphics with a PCI-E x16 Card? java script:add_smilie(":thumbsup:","smid_80")

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

How are you Replacing the video driver
Is this the driver you used?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3876376
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Cubbybearks

Cubbybearks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

How are you Replacing the video driver
Is this the driver you used?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3876376

I was using the drivers from the Nvidia website but I'll try this one and see if it works any better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users