Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Security Essentials goes public

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Get it, it's good.

" Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

Microsoft Security Essentials is a free* download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up to date so you can be assured your PC is protected by the latest technology. It’s easy to tell if your PC is secure — when you’re green, you’re good. It’s that simple.

Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that you are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want—without interruptions or long computer wait times."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:40 AM

As it is also an Antivirus, is it compatible to run it together with either a Security Suite or with Avira, AVG, Avast antivirus etc?.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#3 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:03 AM

My advice would be to get rid of that commercial AV junk, but that's just my opinion.

#4 Corvette

Corvette

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:44 PM

I'm using it with G-Data 2010.

Thus far I'm very impressed with MSE, have seen no negative performance impact after installing, not a bad scanning speed, good detection rates from what I've heard. If Microsoft can stay on top of it, they really may have something great here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users