Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help troubleshooting...freezes on start up + more

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 antiy4ho0

antiy4ho0

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

Posting from a cell phone so forgive any typos... also before I start I want to say I learned my lesson! Anyway I recently traveled and thought it would be a good idea to check my mid-sized atx tower inluggage tobring with me. bad idea I guess, when I got to my destination there was visible damage to the tower and somehow my mobo came unmounted inside the case. the mounting screws are mia, but I got my pc up and running there and used it. now im home, the case is even worse shape so I took my mobo out and have it sitting on a cardboard box on my desk, psu is out sitting on the wood desk surface as is the HDD. I got this set up working last night after reseating the RAM and GPU. I played WoW and browsed the web last night for 3-4 hours and went to bed with my pc running.this morning It froze a few times, but now I cant keep it on at all. when I start it up, half of the time the gpu fan starts at full speed which is not normal and I get no video signal to my monitor. other times it starts up normalbut will completely freeze at any time during start up. sometimes it makes it to the desktop sometimes not. also it almost feels like my gpu is loose in itssetting. it rocks left to right but as far as I can tell theres no physical damage to the setting or the gpu itself anyway what can I try here? it was working fine for 12+ hours so I'd think theres no physical damage? what should I try to do to get up and running?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users