Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows ME

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mandi3891

mandi3891

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:47 AM

Hi,

I know the basics about computers and thats it. :thumbsup: I am trying to Reinstall my operating systems, windows me from my recover Cd's. i have 3 Cd's, the 1st one works but once i get to 2nd one for the systems recovery I get to a certain part and it stops and says "Not ready, reading from drive M, and then do I want to "Abort, Retry, Fail. I have no idea, what to do. I tried the Retry but nothing happened. Then i hit Fail and it said something about a Bad table. I am not sure if there is anything i can do. Does anybody have any ideals maybe, or is it just possible to buy and load a new Operating systems?

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:07 AM

Hi,

I know the basics about computers and thats it. :thumbsup: I am trying to Reinstall my operating systems, windows me from my recover Cd's. i have 3 Cd's, the 1st one works but once i get to 2nd one for the systems recovery I get to a certain part and it stops and says "Not ready, reading from drive M, and then do I want to "Abort, Retry, Fail. I have no idea, what to do. I tried the Retry but nothing happened. Then i hit Fail and it said something about a Bad table. I am not sure if there is anything i can do. Does anybody have any ideals maybe, or is it just possible to buy and load a new Operating systems?

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

When it gets to that point try ejecting the disc without hitting any of the choices and dusting it off and then reinsert it and hit retry. if this does not work your disk may be scratched.

#3 mandi3891

mandi3891
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:14 AM

Thanks,

I will try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users